NASECA-WI Rice Lake 2017
Erosion Control and Stormwater – Product University
Thursday, September 21, 2017
8 am – 4:15 pm (Breakfast and registration begins at 8 am)
WI Indianhead Technical College (WITC)
1900 College Drive, Rice Lake, WI 54868
American Excelsior Company ErosionLab
1695 19 ½ St., Rice Lake, WI 54868
Registration: $140 (includes breakfast, lunch, CE/PDH, and learning materials)
Coming soon! Download/print event agenda/flyer/map and registration form
The 2017 NASECA Rice Lake Field Day will provide you an opportunity to see, touch, and learn about a wide array of erosion control and stormwater products. The afternoon field day will include live manufacturer/representative demonstrations of how new and proven products should be properly utilized, installed, and inspected. Recommended installation guidelines will be presented to further your understanding of why proper installation is critical for product performance. Inspectors will gain the knowledge needed to properly inspect product installation and understand if that product is properly designed into the project.
Attendees will also be able to view a water movement demonstration which will provide side-by-side comparisons of what sheer stress levels products are classified to handle and how the Wisconsin Product Acceptability List (PAL) classifications compare to sheer stress levels. This event will be a great opportunity to learn about new products, develop a better understanding of “tried and true” products, and give you confidence in understanding how a multitude of erosion control and stormwater products will perform when properly utilized and installed in the field.
Morning Classroom Sessions at WITC
Topics/Speakers may include:
- Wisconsin PAL Round Table
Panel discussion (Leo Holm, Resource Professionals Alliance; Mark Myrowich, ErosionControlBlanket.com)
- Blending Hard and Soft Armoring for Shoreline Restoration
Eric Seidl, Agrecol
- Additives for Erosion Control and Stormwater
Jan Kucher, Wisconsin DNR
- History of Erosion Control
Gil Layton, Layton Consulting and John Merthan, American Excelsior Company
Afternoon Field Sessions at American Excelsior Company ErosionLab
- Curlex Bloc Filter Station
- See an installation of a filter station that uses natural domestic fibers for filtration of contaminated runoff. Full-scale materials, including earth percussion anchors, are used in the demonstration so you can see the magnitude of the application. An explanation will be given regarding performance capabilities and where the unique filter stations have been used
- Erosion Control and Stormwater Product Demonstration
- View a wide array of products and learn proper installation and inspection techniques; develop an understanding of how these products are best utilized in project design.
- Live Demonstration of what various shear stress levels look like in a channel
- Watch water flow at various sheer stress thresholds and develop an understanding of how these sheer stress levels relate to Wisconsin PAL classifications and product placement.
- Duck Race
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT HOST
Interested in sponsoring?
Join industry leaders in showcasing your erosion control products to our attendees. Read more about the benefits of sponsoring this event or contact Kristie Kasbohm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance by email after the event, indicating that they have received 6 professional development hours (PDH)/continuing education (CE) credits. The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services has approved this program for Commercial Building Inspector, Dwelling Contractor Qualifier (DCQ), Journeyman Plumber (JP), Journeyman Plumber-Restricted Service (JPRS), Master Plumber (MP), Master Plumber-Restricted Service (MPRS), Soil Tester (ST), and UDC Construction Inspectors (UCI). Course ID 17393.